barismo is a Greater Boston area coffee roaster & retailer dedicated to sourcing, roasting & brewing high quality, fresh roasted coffees. Our roasting operations are based in Woburn, MA, and we operate several coffeebars in the Cambridge area. We are currently hiring for a Service Technician to join our team. If interested, email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Service Technician is responsible for all aspects of installing and maintaining equipment for espresso, hot water and draft systems within the company and at select wholesale customers. This is a highly independent role that operates between our retail and wholesale divisions, and requires a high level of self-organization.
Compensation is based on experience and how prepared a candidate is to hit the ground running. Prior technician experience isn’t necessary, but basic mechanical experience and barista experience is a big plus.
- Installing, inspecting and maintain espresso, hot water/coffee brewing equipment, and draft systems; conduct emergency repairs on an as-needed basis.
- Communicate with all divisions within company for issues related to equipment.
- Keep company tools, vehicle and parts organized, accessible and clean.
- Document all issues and related actions for equipment issues; create invoices for service as necessary.
- Procure parts from equipment manufacturers & submitting payables to bookkeeper on a timely basis.
- Frequent travel throughout Greater Boston area.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Valid Drivers License & a clean driving record.
- Strong customer service skills & ability to maintain customer relationships.
- Common sense and reasoning skills.
- Ability to self-organize daily and weekly tasks; familiarity with Google Apps.
- Strong mechanical skills, including plumbing and electrical.
- Be able to lift up to 65 pounds independently, and co-lift up to 165 pounds.