barismo is a Greater Boston area coffee roaster & retailer dedicated to sourcing, roasting & brewing high quality, fresh roasted coffees. Our roasting operations are based in Woburn, MA, and we operate several coffeebars in the Cambridge area. We are currently hiring for a Brewing Assistant to join our team. If interested, email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Brewing Assistant works with our cold brew team to conduct daily brewing and packaging of cold brew coffee and teas. You will report directly to the Brewing Operations Manager.
- Daily set up of large-scale cold brew coffee batches & monitoring brewing activity throughout the day;
- Process and fulfill incoming keg and bottle orders;
- Package brewed product in various formats, practicing FIFO inventory to ensure freshness & quality;
- Processing and cleaning used kegs from customers;
- Coordinate with Brewing Operations Manager & Lead Roaster to plan brewing schedule and ensure roasted coffee is ready;
- Maintaining sanitary conditions throughout the brewing facility.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Valid Drivers License & a clean driving record. Must have reliable transportation to our facility in Woburn (not accessible via public transit, car is a must).
- Strong customer service skills & ability to maintain customer relationships.
- Common sense and reasoning skills.
- Ability to self-organize daily and weekly tasks; familiarity with Google Apps.
- Knowledge of tools and basic plumbing is extremely desirable. Good "mechanical know-how".
- Passion for the beverage industry. A love for coffee and beer are especially helpful, as many of the skills and equipment used here are applicable to the beer industry.
- Be able to lift up to 65 pounds independently, and co-lift up to 165 pounds.